A quick explanation of the various Methods Of Sale
A positive statistical sales rate together with property being on the market for such a short time have many of our clients regarding auctions as the most successful ‘no-price’ method of selling. Auction marketing motivates genuine buyers to act. It’s also the least disruptive and intrusive method because you only needto open your home at times which suit you best.
The advantages of the auction are numerous and include:
- You set the terms, conditions and auction date to suit your needs
- You’ll attract only genuinely interested, cash-in-hand buyers with no subject-to-sale or subject-to-finance uncertainty
- You agree on an undisclosed minimum reserve price, with no pressure to sell if the property fetches a lower than expected bid
- There’s also the very real possibility of acquiring a higher price – especially if keen buyer interest promotes competition in an open forum so buyers can compete knowing what their competition is prepared to pay
- There is even the opportunity to accept offers prior to auction day
This method of marketing creates a high profile for your property and establishes a competitive environment without having to list a price.
- You set the terms, conditions and deadline date.
- Prospective buyers only one opportunity to put forward their most competitive bid so they tend to pay more than if your property is not being marketed with a set sale date.
- You have the opportunity to accept, decline or continue negotiations with any interested party. It’s your choice. You’re in control.
- Increased enquiries and inspections are often generated by this sales strategy.
- All tender/offer details remain undisclosed and absolutely confidential.
Private Treaty is where you sell your home privately. You will then negotiate the terms directly with prospective buyers. Private Treaty allows for greater flexibility for both you and the buyer as certain conditions can be negotiated into the contract at your request or the request of the prospective buyer, such as subject to building and pest inspections, or finance.